Here is the full scoop:
Kristin is a writer, social media consultant, and the creator of the blog, 4ticketsplease.com. As serious about food as she is about good verbiage, Kristin loves to eat, travel and tell the world about it. Kristin is a Member of the IFWTWA- The International Food Writer and Travel Writers Association and Maine Writer’s and Publisher’s Alliance.. Kristin has lived in the US, Europe, Mexico and most recently traveled to Belize for a 3 month, eat-your-way across the country assignment. She is also a certified Social Media Manager with the socialmediamanagerschool.com.
A Bachelor’s in Linguistics and a bakery-stint funded Master’s Degree in Social Work led Kristin to become a therapist who knows how to handle a pastry bag. She began writing about food 5 years ago in a weekly column for the Dow Jones/Seacoast Media Group. Kristin has expanded her work to include local and national publications.
Her work can be seen at Celebrate NH of Yankee Magazine, The Square NH Magazine, AAA Horizons Magazine, Latina Magazine, The Latin Kitchen Online, Food Network Magazine, seacoastonline.com, travebelize.org, www.matador.com and on 4ticketsplease.com.
She lives in New England with her food-and-travel loving family, whom she has convinced to start documenting their own meals.
What is my online reach?
1.) I am fully fluent in English and conversational in Spanish and Italian, and many of my posts attract audiences across the US, Canada, Europe and Central America. These markets are especially important for tourism in New England.
2.) I am are active and engaged in social media and have been since 2010. I believe in natural and authentic relationship building I do not pay for followers. As of September 2014, my reach on social media is as follows:
- Blog: 4,002 subscribers, 13K AVM
- Instagram: 468 Followers
- Linkedin: 468 Connections & 470 Linkedin Post Subscribers.
- Twitter: 1296 followers, Average Tweetreach : 72K
- Facebook: 780 friends (Kristin Fuhrmann-Simmons); 253 followers (4 Tickets Please), 328 Kristin F. Simmons Write and New Media, Dow Jones, Seacoast Media Group followers- 24K weekly.
- Pinterest: 190 followers
- KLOUT Score of 63
3.) I have consistently grown my blog’s reach. As of January 2016, the blog has 4,002 subscribers who spend an average of 2.1 minutes per visit on my site. The site launched in January 2012.
4.) I have a Google Page Rank of 4.
5.) I have optimized my blog and website for mobile devices.
What other experience and skills do I have?
–Consulting for tourism boards and destination marketing organizations
Kristin has worked as an editorial, photographic, and social media consultant for several tourism boards and destination marketing organizations, including the Belize Tourism Board and the Greater Kennebunks Chamber of Commerce in Maine, USA.
–Writing for Local and National Publications
Weekly columns and monthly features on the food scene in Maine and New England.
-Editorial and Photographic Content
Kristin has worked with businesses to build libraries of copy and image materials for use on websites and in client updates.
How can I work with you?
- I can promote visibility of your brand, product, event, or destination through editorial coverage. I particularly specialize in food, family, places and experiences.
- I can create or expand your library of stock images for web and collateral use.
- I can make reliable recommendations for other writers, photographers, bloggers, and videographers to enhance your project’s needs. As a member of the IFWTWA, I have a broad connection to professionals world-wide who can enhance your project.
Why partner with me?
- I am a professional, award-winning writer, pastry chef and photographer.
- I have a generated proven return for each of my collaborators and clients.
- I am warm, friendly and gregarious.
- Articles for AA Horizons and The Latin Kitchen and Food Network Magazine
- Member of Online Ethics Advisory Group for Type-A Parent
- Greater Kennebunks Mini Food Guide
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Team In Training Captain
- “Sustainable Harvest International – the Maine & Belize Connection. How the vision of 1 Mainer has impacted the way Central Americans grow their food.” Matador Network.
- Guest Lecturer and Intern Advisor, University of Southern Maine, Tourism Department.
- Featured Presenter and Team Member, Pecha Kucha International 2011-Present, showcasing food travel and Belize Tourism Board projects
- Indie Travel Podcast, Interviewee January 2012, Belize Tourism Projects www.indietravelpodcast.com
- IFWTWA- Interview By President Maralyn Hill on Belize Project and Kennebunkport Festival
- Harvest on the Harbor, Guest Chef and Presenter with the James Beard Award Winners of Maine, 2011
- Featured on Food TV, “Best of with Sandra Pinkney” 1999, Lisa Anne’s Baltimore, MD
- Preferred Baker of the Green Wedding Giveaway at Clay Hill Farm in Ogunquit Maine. Member of the Clay Hill’s Eco-Reach Alliance of Southern Maine.
- Appearance on the CW Channel, Portland Maine, Promotional Video for the Harvest on the Harbor 2010.
- Featured Wedding Cake Baker on the Wedding Channel/The Knot.com 2009-Present
- Freelance Food Writer for Artisan’s Kitchen, www.artisanskitchen.com
- Feature on the Travel Channel show, FOOD PARADISE for the food of Belize, Autumn 2012
Please email me at email@example.com to request specific details of these and other projects.
We welcome inquiries regarding the following:
- Brand Ambassadorship
- Press trips and promotion for your food or family centered destination or festival
- New Media Training for your Business or Destination
- Construction of an Editorial and Photographic database for use in your business promotion and website
- Editorial Reviews of your business or service
- Please reference www.kristinsimmons.com for more information
WEBSITE ADVERTISING AVAILABLE: You can also inquire about website sponsorships. For a monthly fee, your related business can be featured on this site. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Please note: All donations are to the for-profit business of kristin f. simmons/ DBA 4tickets please. You are solely responsible for your tax records. You will be sent a receipt for your records from PayPal. Contact email@example.com for more information.